baithak

↑ Grab this Headline Animator

Monday, August 03, 2009

The Nobleness of Life is to do Thus A tribute to Omar Azfar by Azra Raza, M.D.

A brilliant tribute by Azra Raza along with link to Power to the people By Omar Azfar

Dear Azra Apa
Here's the word version. It would be great if you circulate it. What I really want is to get it translated to urdu (sadly my own is not quite up to snuff). Dawn had said they would but I havent received a translation yet. Also I was shocked to learn that Dawn doesnt have an urdu outlet, not even a website site. I havent sent it to 3quarks but was thinking about asking Dawn if that would be OK. Dawn's own website doesnt make it easy to find (Google searches bring up the wrong date etc.)

More generally I was thinking that there should be a web site that offers translations of interesting articles in the international press in Urdu.I even suggested it to Ama as somethingshe should run.Essentially it needs some one who has the judgment to pick interesting articles and can organize some translators. I have no idea how much interest there would be, but it bothers me that right now people in Pakistan dont even have access to interesting ideas.
I was thinking of writing a piece next on the importance of elections within political parties, using the American primaries for Dawn next but dont have the energy right now. The Nobleness of Life is to do Thus tribute to Omar Azfar by Azra Raza, M.D.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home