baithak

↑ Grab this Headline Animator

Sunday, May 10, 2009

I, Me, and Mine

Somebody should feed humble pie to the co chairman of the handwritten will.... look at this response to a question by Charlie Rose ~~~t

Asif Ali Zardari:

To a great extent, for instance, we need much more stimulus, much more support to build Pakistan itself to be able to face the challenges. We have, fortunately, unlike my brother here, we have the institutions. But we've also been on the receiving end for the last 30 to 40 years. The Soviet world was on our border. The Kalashnikov culture, the other negative creations of that war, have affected my growth. So I haven't with been able to grow according to the demand of my population, according to the demand of my times. So my 14 to $20 billion worth of export is not enough. I should have been an $80 billion export country by now if I didn't have this challenge in my neighborhood, if I didn't have the security risk, if I didn't have challenges of my wife being assassinated, of my brothers being killed, of my hotels being blown up. This all brings in weaknesses. And those weaknesses need shoring up. So that's the shoring up that we are hoping to negotiate with the world and bring in and [unintelligible] offer friends of a democratic Pakistan, being able to get much more help, to be stable in the next five years, to not want any help, not warrant any help. For instance, I want access to your markets on a specific [unintelligible] facility whereby I can produce and come into your markets and give more jobs to my people. The idea is to employ the youth, take away the youth, which the negative forces would take, and convert them -- convert them into positive human beings working for themselves and have pride in themselves rather than being used as for the force by this force called the Taliban.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home