baithak

↑ Grab this Headline Animator

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Anjum Niaz: Air Marshal Imran Khan

You’re a friend of the fundos (read Qazi Hussain Ahmad) and a lover of the Taliban. You’re confused …one day you praise the Sharia law in Swat and the next day you accuse Sufi Mohammad of violating the Quran. What’s with you?

IK merely smiles. 'Zardari, Maulana Fazlul Rehman and their ilk (notice he leaves out Nawaz Sharif & Asfandyar Wali) are confused. They showcase themselves as westernised liberals because they want American aid. Their somersaults on Swat deal are shameful. They frog marched before Gordon Brown and ordered our troops to kill fellow Pakistanis in Malakand. There are 1.5 million armed men on both sides of the tribal belt. Are you going to kill them all? Qazi sahib is a man of honour. He’s untainted with corruption. I therefore respect him.

You were a hot ticket in 1996 elections. On the eve of the polls, PTV carried a damning story about your love affair and a love child. Sita White was on every lip.

‘More than the Sita White affair, I was completely demolished by the Jewish lobby claiming that my former father-in-law Jimmy Goldsmith (British billionaire) pumped $40 million for my election campaign. As for Sita, I never claimed to be an angel. I’ve never glossed over my personal life. I admit my faults but have since undergone an inner transformation. Spirituality has made me a better person.’

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home