baithak

↑ Grab this Headline Animator

Saturday, April 05, 2008

Meditate your way to happiness - Patricia Pearson

If you have ever suffered from anxiety and depression, as I have, then you will know how hard it can be to feel hopeful. The mind wanders toward catastrophe; it fixates on menace. Anxious and depressed people gravitate toward worst-case scenarios in a well-documented phenomenon that psychologists describe as “paying selective attention to threat.”

There may be good news out there, indeed a whole array of marvelous and happy stirrings in the world, but we don’t notice. We see the dark.

Under the circumstances, you may not think there could be any good news to relay about the subject of mood disorders themselves, but there is.

The good news for those of us so-afflicted is that neuroscientists are discovering that unhappy minds can heal themselves.

Such scientists, working wit

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I read your book on anxiety. What I did not read was anything I could relate to as a person who suffers with chronic anxiety disorder. I remember the exact time my anxiety started and I know the path that it has lend me on to date. I have had this condition for 33 years. I have had periods when I did not need medication and periods such as now when I am on medication. I have never take anti-depressants for anxiety as I am not depressed. I have the fight or flight feelings, I function quite well now with the help of my doctor (old school) and my family. My doctor does not belittle my feelings he addresses them and he does not as some doctors have told me to "run around the block or "go play tennis". I have had times in my life that would cause anyone to become anxious and I still go on. I do not feel that medication is a bad thing, and unless I had 150.00 dollars to go to my therapist twice a week I would be on the floor. I admire that you have written your book, but I did not feel it was a help to me. I received more advise and help from a book I read years ago, called Hope and Help for your Nerves by Dr. Claire Weekes.When I read and still read her book I feel comforted in the knowledge that I am not alone, I am not a lunatic, and that their is hope through many means, and that one thing that works for one person may not work for another, but that if it works for you use it. There are millions of people worldwide who are helped by anti-anxiety meds, and they are not to be scoffed at as a conspiracy by drug companies. So what works for you is great. I would not recommend your book to anyone who was anxious but that is just my own opinion.
Good Luck

April 06, 2008 3:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home