baithak

↑ Grab this Headline Animator

Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Padma Lakshmi Baring Her Heart This Time

For those who may not know, Padma is Salman Rushdie's ex ~~t

I recently noticed that that my posing nude for Allure's May 2009 Nude Issue ranked high on the Huffington Post's most popular stories. While I assure you I had a fun time, it's bigger news for me to bare my heart, rather than my body. I'd like to share an issue with you in hopes that by baring what's important to me, we can focus on something I believe is important to the world, specifically AIDS in India.I am blessed to be involved, along with Iman, with Keep A Child Alive, an organization founded by Alicia Keys and Leigh Blake that provides life-saving anti-retroviral (ARV) care to clinics in Africa that serve HIV positive children and families who have been ravaged by the AIDS pandemic. Through my work with KCA I now realize how inexpensive it is to keep children and hope alive during this tragic situation. I came on board to bring attention to this issue as it explodes in India, my country of origin.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home