baithak

↑ Grab this Headline Animator

Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Ansar Abbasi Fights Back

A letter purported to have been written by Islamabad High Court Chief Justice M Bilal Khan and sent to Supreme Court Chief Justice Iftikhar Muhammed Chaudhry has been surreptitiously leaked to the media and casts grave aspersions against my character, my career and me.

Since Justice Bilal was the subject of one of my reports, like many that I have written about other judges and courts, he has taken it personally and has in retaliation attacked me, accusing me of all kind of heinous activities, blackmailing, extortion, conspiracy and what not. His is a desperate attempt to distort the facts, muzzle the media, gain sympathy of other judges by clubbing together all my reports and presenting them as a campaign against the judiciary. What should he have focused on was the dirty laundry, which was washed by Nano Goraya, reported in an official capacity by police officer Zulfikar Cheema and presented to his boss the chief justice of LHC.All these actions took place before I had written my first report. Why has Justice Bilal become personal is beyond my understanding but it means he has no material defence and has to rely on innuendo against the messengers? I have never met Justice Bilal, I never had the opportunity to appear before him in any court, we don’t have any family relations or feuds but still he has passed sweeping judgments on me. Basically it shows that he would have not known me at all and would have not even recognised me if he had not watched TV.But his arguments have been interesting and, in fact, a compliment to me for my neutrality and objectivity. He says Ansar Abbasi has always emitted poison against the superior judiciary and every time has got away with it. He also used the expression “mavericks” for the Regional Police Officer Zulfikar Cheema and for me and ruled that this duo if was not properly bridled and punished for their excesses, all the institutions in the country including judiciary would cave in.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home