baithak

↑ Grab this Headline Animator

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Obama Al-Arabiya Interviewer On How He Snagged President

BLITZER: How is it going to be received in the Muslim and Arab world?

MELHEM: Judging by the first quick reaction that we got on our Web site and the letters, the first reaction, the Arab media and others, especially what he said about the Muslim world, the way he spoke about Islam as a religion, when he said, members of my family were Muslims, and I think that was his way of undermining those extremists, al Qaeda and others who are trying to demonize the United States.

It's going to be extremely difficult for them. And he noted that -- laughing, that these people are nervous because of me, because they cannot demonize a man whose full name is Barack Hussein Obama, who has tried to say, I'm extending a hand honestly, who is speaking with clarity and honestly.

And I think he's going to later on when he addresses the Muslim world from a Muslim capital -- even if he shows them some tough love, he would say, look at my deeds, closing down Guantanamo, getting out of Iraq, sending Mitchell to the region, these are deeds that -- can judge me by them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home