baithak

↑ Grab this Headline Animator

Sunday, January 04, 2009

Scared but steadfast in Gaza Rami Almeghari writing from the occupied Gaza Strip, Live from Palestine

My family is from Karatiya village a few kilometers away from the Gaza Strip in what is now called Israel. Karatiya is one of the 450 towns in historical Palestine that were cleansed by Zionist militias in 1948, displacing my family along with hundreds of thousands of other Palestinians.

I now live in Maghazi refugee camp in the Gaza Strip, which is currently being bombarded by Israel from tanks along the border, American-manufactured F-16s in the sky, and from the sea. Last night Israeli forces invaded the Gaza Strip and heavy fighting is happening in the northern Strip and east of Gaza City.

I have just come back to my computer that I'm using when there is electricity. There are electricity cuts here that are very prolonged throughout the day. I managed use a power generator for my computer when the electricity is out but the generator needs fuel, which is scarce here in Gaza because of Israel has closed the border and everything is locked own right now. Shortly I will run out of fuel to run the generator and stay online; this will be devastating because I am a journalist.

There aren't clashes between the invading Israeli army and resistance fighters in the central Gaza Strip, where I am, yet. We have heard about fighting and clashes in the northern part of the Gaza Strip. We journalists are finding it very difficult to report from the scene of clashes because of the danger. We must avoid danger and risk because we need to keep reporting the truth about what is going on the ground....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home