baithak

↑ Grab this Headline Animator

Monday, December 29, 2008

Inside Gaza Day 2: A Personal Account

Jan McGirk's Israelity Bites blog has been covering the attacks on Gaza through the eyes of a young woman living there. McGirk says the Palestinian woman, named Safa, has been able to get power for her computer and writes this on day 2:

My parents, siblings and cousins who have been staying with us since their home was damaged the first day of the air raids, had been trying to get some sleep. We all rushed to the side of the house that was farthest. Hala, my 11 year old sister stood motionless and had to be dragged to the other room. I still have marks on my shoulder from when Aya, my 13 year old cousin held on to me during the next 4 explosions, each one as violent and heart stopping as the next. Looking out of the window moments later the night sky had turned to a dirty navy-gray from the smoke .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home