baithak

↑ Grab this Headline Animator

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Jocelyn Ortt-Saeed - kat

from Kat

Jocelyn Ortt-Saeed is an Australian poet, futurist and educationist. She has made a number of tapes, appeared on radio and TV and given presentations in many countries. Her latest book is The Burning Bush.

(she lives in either lahore or isloo-t)

I will go where no road goes
and the road will go with me:
I'll greet you in the sunrise
when the sunset sets me free.

I will dream in the fields of green
till their ears grow gold in me
till you appear to harvest grain
grown in the desert sea.

I will sit by the hut of mud
till walls break down in me
till new vines grow through memory
of flower and bird and bee.

WHERE NO ROAD GOES

I will climb the distant peaks
till the world turns pale in me
till the lone bird of the wasteland
sings of spring in my withered tree.

I will sing till my song is sung
wherever you meet me
on road or field or mountain
in I or thou or we.

I will go where no road goes
and the road will go with me
to bring to you at sunrise
the now in eternity.

-------------

Don't Expect

Don't expect me!
I've bartered my lovesongs
for a jacket and jeans;
though the shawl's on my head still.

Don't expect me!
I rehearse solo
to counterbalance
the erosion of vision.

Don't expect me!
I am at the still-point --
exploring the space where
the miracle happens.

Don't expect me!
My songs are crazy
trying out voices
that make me expectant.

Don't expect me!
Accept me
as I accept you.
Dream me forever and ever.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home