baithak

↑ Grab this Headline Animator

Friday, February 23, 2007

on the bench, in the park

on the bench, in the park

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
sit beside me
and look at me lovingly
as i swim in the deep ocean
of your eyes
till time dies and rekindle
from the first glance you cast
to that last teary one
the day you packed up
your smiles, your laughter
your touch, your kisses
come closer
that innocence we lost
was heaven's due
but if intentionally
or inadvertently
ever i hurt you
am sorry and wish
you'll forgive me
don't abandon me
and promise you i'll not
let you go away, ever
just sit here and look
smilingly and let me swim
deep in your eyes' ocean

***

(from across the road)

look at that madman
sitting at the bench
talking to himself



on the bench, in the park

maiN chahta hooN tum yaheen
baithi raho m'ray paas
aur in pyar bhari nazrON say
mujahy dekti raho aur maiN
tumhari neelgooN ankhiouN maiN
sadaa ghar'q rahooN sub bhool jaooN
aur jis roz pehli baar milay thay
oos pa'l say kal jub tum rooth ker
mujh say door chali gaeeN theeN
her beeta lamha, her beeta pa'l
yaadON kay chiraghON say
roshan karooN
aao, m'ri jaan aur qareeb aajao
woh jo khoee thee nannhi si jaan
woh to oos ki marzi thee
haaN jo mujh say pohanchay haiN dookh
daanista ya na-danista
mujhay yaqeen hay is baat ka
kay tum mujhay maaf kardogi
ik baar phir aur yaqeen karo m'ra
ab maiN tumhaiN youN do'or
na jaanay dooNga, na jaanay dooNga
bus tum youN hee pass baithi raho
aur dekthi raho mujhay pyar say

***

(from across the road)

yaro oos majzoob ko dekho
kitni daire say oos bench per baithay
khud apnay aap say baataiN ker raha hay


photocredit tobymutz

2 Comments:

Blogger TypeWriterMom said...

Hi. Thanks for leaving a comment. Your poem reminded me of something i'd read -
"Come sit down beside me, I said to myself, and although it doesn't make sense, I held my own hand as a small sign of trust and together I sat on the fence" -michael leunig

January 27, 2007 3:16 AM  
Blogger Shifting Sands said...

I am in love these days dude and you remind me of her so not fair!!!

June 29, 2007 4:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home