baithak

↑ Grab this Headline Animator

Monday, May 08, 2006

an evening walk with father

macluhanesque truism
emblazoned all over
the spare tire bra
of my college Vespa --
Tune In, Turn On, Drop Out


_______________________________________

my father
i love him
love him so...

unique he is
like his progeny
no wonder then...

we see and see not
eye to eye on all
issues and matters

all he and i stand for
unwittingly we accept
and grant each other
the space to grumble

(who said anythin' about open hearts?)

such crystal is our thinking
that out on our daily walks
should we ever accost
a rifle loaded
reflexively we'd
find ourselves
at its opposing ends
but the trigger, we shan't
pull--for we love to barb
our way out of forays

often we discuss childhood
not mine or my siblings
but of his grand children
loves them, covered for them
like he did not for us
for me! as i vainly
postulate and reassure

and when other topics
doze off in exhaustion
we discuss news and books
oh well, the Book of books
and his favourite expression
accusing me of writing
chapter thirty one
or aspiring to...

at that i feel
like dropping out...

but drop out, how can i
for cliches aside
i love you so, dad! despite...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I loved your article about your dad. Keep loving him, spending time with him..I am still mourning my dad's passing. He was the only person who ever loved me unconditionally. Ah, I loved that man.

Keep in writing, you are quite good!

May 15, 2006 3:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home